All of our work is guided by trying to improve health and care for people in Greater Nottingham:
- We want everyone to lead happy, healthy lives and be able to stay independent and well
- When people need help, advice or support, they should easily be able to find out how and where to get it
- Help and support should be more joined up across health and social care, and be delivered closer to home, with hospitals only for those who need to be there
So we’re going to change the way we do things:
- We believe we can bring together all of the organisations who pay for and provide health and care. We’re trying to find ways to break down barriers between these often fragmented organisations in order to provide a shared approach to delivering healthcare, hospital care, mental health care and social care services. This will look something like an Accountable Care System.
- We think we can work more closely together, with shared aims, objectives and even a shared budget for the people of Greater Nottingham.
- We are also looking at new ways to deliver services that will be better quality, more efficient and cost less than they do today. By working together we can reduce duplication, waste and inefficiencies on a scale not possible by smaller, individual efforts. We hope that by improving the health of our population, we will better manage demand for our services.